[ale] apache and php4 configuration problem.

Keith Morris graphicsguy at charter.net
Mon Apr 12 22:59:51 EDT 2004

Hi all you apache gurus!

I'm working with Debian "Sarge" trying to get apache and php working
correctly and I've almost got it except for one bizarre problem.

If I goto http://localhost/~keith (which contains an index.php file)
everything works fine and the index.php gets served and parsed
correctly.

But, if I goto http://localhost/~keith/index.php, apache serves up the
index.php file as a plaintext file without parsing the php code.

If I copy the index.php file to any other name (e.g. renamed.php), going
to http://localhost/~keith/renamed.php parses the php correctly, it only
happens with files named index.php...

Any ideas what may be causing this?

this is part of my httpd.conf:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm index.shtml index.cgi
</IfModule>

and from my modules.conf:
LoadModule dir_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_dir.so
LoadModule userdir_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_userdir.so
LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so

Thanks in advance for any insight you may offer.

--
Keith Morris <graphicsguy at charter.net>