[ale] The FUD Never Stops

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Mon Apr 12 14:35:01 EDT 2004

... and let's not forget writing your own compilers - as someone (Ken
Thompson ?) put his exploits in their compiler in a bet with the US Navy
(??) so regardless of what exploit code the Knavey found, the exploits "kept
showing up".  I think this example is in Bob Toxen's book, but I am not
sure. It just comes to mind on how complete you have to be for total
security.  I guess the most secure box is the one that is not turned on.

What crud - like I am currently able to re-invent every wheel (s/w) and
cog(h/w) in a computer.

Greg