[ale] OT: java filereader question

Denny Chambers dchambers at bugfixer.net
Thu Apr 8 21:15:20 EDT 2004

First, what version of java are you using? (java -version)

If you using Sun/IBM/Blackdown versions 1.1 or later, then this should work:

String filename = (conditional ? "file1" : "file2");
FileReader fr = new FileReader(filename);

Now file1 and file2 should be a string representation of the relative or absolute path the files in question

FileReader has a constructor FileReader(String fileName)

Denny