[ale] Internet connection question

Walter Sams wsams at southernlink.net
Wed Apr 7 11:32:23 EDT 2004

I am using kmail from my office and have a company domain and would like to
have all our business contacts use our company email account to communicate
with us.

I have an isp account which handles all email

When I tried to configure kmail to send and receive email on my company domain
I got an error saying that the server was not local and connection could not
be made.

I have kmail currently configured so that the SMTP account shows my isp mail
server and I can send email.  However people who receive the email see it as
coming from my isp mail server account  and not my company domain account.

If any of this makes sense and anyone can point me in the right direction to
get my email working through my company domain I would be most greatfull.

IE   I want all email to be seen as comming from  myname at mycompany.com, but my
isp mail server is mail.joesmuck.net  and my user for the isp account is
dummy at joesmuck.net

My current isp acount tech support is less than helpfull because we did not
let him handle our web domain hosting and fears that we will be dropping his
service.

from one who does not understand

Walter Sams