[ale] beer (linux home brewing?)

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Tue Apr 6 12:51:28 EDT 2004

Grady Harris wrote:
: WARNING--the volatile oil derived from, & named after, sassafras is
: safrole, which is toxic for the liver and pretty well established as
: a carcinogen.
:
: I feel guilty about bad-mouthing sassafras--the first money I ever
: made on my own initiative was from digging up & selling sassafras
: roots, when I was fourteen.. Love that stuff. Gave it up when I first
: noticed a story calling it a carcinogen, back in the seventies. Funny
: how the many more stories on tobacco haven't had the same effect on
: me.
:
: Grady Harris
:

so Sassafras Tea is bad for me?

maybe i'll cut back a little then.  i thought when i stopped drinking 3 pots of coffee a day (down to 2 now!!!) that it would be enough of a health boost for me...

(cripes, seems like most of the things i like aren't good for me)

next you're going to say that my 12 step program doesn't work (i keep my coffee, beer, cigars, spirits, and junk food 12 steps apart so i can get a little exercise walking between them)

Preston