[ale] Which TV Card

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Mon Apr 5 14:30:04 EDT 2004

I have a Kworld tuner card that uses one of the BTTV-type chips.  It also
has a remote control, but I haven't tried it.  It also has an FM tuner, but
I haven't had a chance to test it under Linux yet (or maybe I did and
quickly gave up).  Unfortunately, this card doesn't do HDTV or digital
broadcast stuff.  You also have to use a patch cable from the card's
audio out to get TV sound.  'course, it could be argued that one could
send that output directly to a quality stereo instead of having to route
it through the sound card.

You might also want to peep this:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/capturecards.php