[ale] Mandrake9.2 CD won't bootup...

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Thu Apr 1 23:55:21 EST 2004

"Courtney Thomas" <ccthomas at joimail.com> writes:

> Greetings !
>
> Just burned the MandrakeMove-i586.iso and upon attempting to bootup from the
> CD, it appears [from logs] that it is attempting to install the KBD as a USB
> device, which it isn't.

It's probably just trying every possible keyboard device, so as
to be sure that it enables whatever kbd is actually present.

> Then the message comes on the screen that the Kernel panics 'cause VFS:
> Unable to mount root fs on 08:01

It could be a corrupt iso, or a mis-burned disk. Also, I have
a drive here that refuses to boot a bootable disk about once
every three tries; I assume it's a hardware problem in the
drive.

> Any help, please ?

HTH,

-- Joe