[ale] Laptop Scroll Pad

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Apr 1 21:29:03 EST 2004

Look at the console to see if the pad works under GPM. That will isolate
X issues.

At this point I would suspect that the difference is truly kernel level
with the changes being in the mouse driver section. The 2.4 kernel may
have some "extras" that need to be added to the gentoo kernel. Are you
using a stock gentoo kernel or a clean tarball from kernel.org?