[ale] A fulfilling moment

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Thu Apr 1 10:13:01 EST 2004

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 07:25 am, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> I had a similar experience at a nearby church where I rehabilitated a
> junker PC with Linux for the afterschool program.  After a few weeks, I
> founf that some of the older kids were actually booting it up and
> enjoying playing Konquest on it.  Imagine how I felt when I was asked
> how someone could get the software...

This weekend my kids asked if they could play on their computer which runs
Win2k professional (don't ask).  I said yes, then a few minutes later my 5
year old called "Dad?  Should we eat the red fish?"

It took me about 10 seconds before I realized they had booted up Knoppix Edu
and were playing TuxCart.  Eating green fish makes you sick, and red fish do
something else.  It's about time to make their machine dual boot.

Michael