[ale] Copying from vi into another terminal

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Sep 30 19:28:30 EDT 2003

Kevin Krumwiede wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:55:12 -0400 Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net>
> wrote:
>

>> I don't believe that's correct.  I believe the buffer is associated
>> with the window manager.  I just tested this.  Select text from an
>> term, kill the term, paste the test to another term.  Worked.
>

> It didn't work that way for me using the copy/paste menu items in
> gnome-terminal.

Ah, I missed that.  I always use the standard X select/paste with the mouse.

> Cut & paste in X - one more thing that cries for some serious
> standardization.

I would say that's a failing of gnome.  It is standardized.  I know I
can use either the mouse or the cut/paste menu options in mozilla.  I've
even mixed and matched them and found them to work. (select with mouse,
paste via menu..)

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net