[ale] [EXTRA-SUPER OT] DOS and Network Printers

Alan Bowman aminus at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 29 18:43:33 EDT 2003

>Ok,
>So anyone out there ever deal with a DOS (yes DOS) application that couldn't
>see Network printers on a win 9x machine?
>
>No matter what's specified it spools right out on LPT1.  There must be some
>way to fool it.  Suggestions welcome.
>
>Russ

Maybe something like - net use lpt1 \\sharename\printername
That's if the printer is physically attached to a PC, though. If it's
really on the network, them maybe looking at help for net use will give
some kind of hint.  All the printers I've dealt with this way were
attached to Windows PC's or Novell servers.

...alan
--
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out,
which is the exact opposite."