[ale] Copying from vi into another terminal

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Sep 29 17:09:48 EDT 2003

On Monday 29 September 2003 01:00 pm, John Wells wrote:
> Three buttons.  Middle button functionality works just fine, far as I can
> tell.  It's actually a logitech scroll mouse configured as IMPS/2 protocol
> in XF86Config.

In what sense is middle button functionality working?  I thought the only
middle putton functionality is to paste.  As with everyone else, I do it all
the time.  Open two shells (xterm, gnome-terminal, konsole, it doesn't
matter) and run vi.  In one shell select with button 1.  In the other vi, go
into insert mode and then use middle button to paste.  What other
functionality is there?

Does it work without vi involved?  Can you cut and past to the command line?

Michael