RE: [ale] Cisco VPN client question

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Sun Sep 28 09:30:20 EDT 2003

Thomas -

Thanks for the note.

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003, [utf-8] Holmquist, Thomas W. wrote:

> If your using RH 6.2 because of old hardware, you might want to give
> debian/slackware a spin.

I'll probably do that if I hit a rock with a lean RH installation. I went
to RH-4.2 from Slack because RPMs made it easier for me to manage a system
with no real backup facility. I appreciate the RH folk's work on things
like installation, too.

Naturally it all comes at a price, and I'm sure
Slack has made big steps since the days of linux-0.95 and death-march
installations!!

> Although I'm not sure, you might want to recompile your kernel with your
> options (if you have not already), perhaps there is a kernel option that
> will help you with your mission.

That's a good thought which had escaped me.

Best,
 - John Mills
   john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu