[ale] Experts: Reliance On Microsoft A Danger To National Sec urity

Kilroy, Chris Chris.Kilroy at turner.com
Thu Sep 25 10:08:17 EDT 2003

Do you expect MS spokesmen to stand up and say "well if i needed a secure box, i'd definitely go w/ BSD..."?

=p

->
->On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 07:20:45PM -0400, F. Grant Robertson wrote:
->
->
->Oh, the irony.
->
->The article does make some good points.  I am frankly astounded that a
->Microsoft spokesman would actually utter the phrase "We
->always consider
->security to be our absolute top priority" in public.
->
->Maybe I'm just getting cynical, but I predict that the report will get
->lots of air time on geek sites like slashdot and newsforge, but will
->have absolutely zero effect on aynone who actually makes any of these
->decisions.
->
->Jason
->
->P.S.
->Please don't start a new thread by replying to a message and changing
->the subject.  This messes up the threading for those of us that use
->threaded mail readers.  For an example, look at this thread in the
->archives:
->http://www.ale.org/archive/ale/ale-2003-08/threads.html#01942
->The thread I'm referring to has the subject "Resize /dev/md0", but
->notice that after two responses the subject becomes "web
->server".  That
->message, and its replies, are still a part of the original
->thread, even
->though they clearly have nothing to do with it.
->--
->Jason Day                                       jasonday at
->http://jasonday.home.att.net                    worldnet dot
->att dot net
->
->"Of course I'm paranoid, everyone is trying to kill me."
->    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9
->Ale mailing list
->Ale at ale.org
->