[ale] Lindows marches on

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Sep 24 08:27:16 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 06:19, Geoffrey wrote:
> James P. Kinney III wrote:
>
> > Me? I hate waiting for Mozilla to load on a dual 1.4GHz Opteron w/ 2G
> > DDR RAM from a raid 1 133MHz pair of 7200 rpm drives.
>
> Did I tell you I hate you?  Oh yeah, I hate you.. (Geof sulks back to
> his measely pIV 2.4 ghz 1gig laptop...) :(

I'm sorry. I forgot to mention the dual 1000Base-t Nics, the Ultra-scsi
320 card, and the really nice, black, Lian Li tower case with loads of
nice, quiet fans, 6x5.25 slots, 3x3.5 slots, and a hard drive caddy that
holds 6 drives with 2 fans blowing right on the caddy. :}

If it's any consolation, the board doesn't have an AGP slot for
secondary graphics. It only has pci and pci-x slots. As of yet, there
are no pci-x slot graphics cards. The graphics chip on the motherboard
seems a bit unstable as the screen seems to shrink and grow. It wasn't
doing this a month ago. But I did pick up a Radeon pci card yesterday
from MicroCenter that should go well with the NEC MultiSync P1250+
monitor I stare at when I work.

It was quite a step up from the dual PIII 500 I was using for the past 4
years.
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>