[ale] OT: electronic voting info

da Black Baron dbaron13 at atl.bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 23 18:30:32 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 14:01, Tom & JaVonn wrote:
> Doug / Geoffrey:
>
> As I hear it, the Sec Of State kept adding more requirements, and most importantly would not release her from the DMCA implications (code was retrieved from Diebold's ftp site).

That's completely insane- for a real-world test of the voting machine's
integrity.  As if 1) someone intent on hacking and fixing an election
would be concerned with "DMCA implications", and 2)The whole attempt at
cracking the system would be chock full of "DMCA implications", even if
attempted from the ground-up with no inside info leaked from Diebold's
ftp site (and how can they claim privilege for code they published
themselves- however stupidly- on the internet?).

(,,oBo,,)         |           Wylde  Bill
http://lyst.org   |    wyldechylde at geocities.com

"Here's my family tree.  As far as I can tell, my
relatives were carnival folk who were touring this place called
Hiroshima in the summer of 1945.  Because they lost most of their hair,
they mostly married each other.  And here I am." --The Oblongs

                D.E.A. = State Sponsored Terrorism
          Disempowering government means empowering people.
        http://flag.blackened.net/daver/anarchism/nlm/nlm.html