[ale] Motion Detecting Cameras

Frank Zamenski fzamenski at voyager.net
Sun Sep 21 22:01:09 EDT 2003

> On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, Adrin wrote:
>
> > I would be interested in a demo of this.. Or at least some info on
the card.  I have been
> > very tempted to get one of the TCP/IP cameras that are out now.
They do it all in one
> > package, but at a cost. Right at about $200.00
>
> Which IP cameras are you looking at? I want to see if Linux supports
the
> stuff from x10. Those cameras work, and their cheap :)

Per chance are those the X10 wireless cams? (I used to see their pop-up
spam all the time.) Do those things really work worth a flip? This
thread has piqued my interest as I've toyed with the idea of setting up
some kind of (preferabley inexpensive) remote monitoring solution
myself.
-fgz