[ale] PHP help

John Temple cjtemple at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 18 18:13:52 EDT 2003

I have seen this problem a few times and it is a bit misleading.
In your PHP.ini file there is a setting for include_path.
/etc/php.ini

Section Paths and Directories
Include_path = ".:/var/www/html/something/somethingelse"

The first "." Tells it to first look for your included or required file
in the current directory. If unavailable in that location look for it in
the listed directory.

>hi, I am started getting

>Warning: main(inc/start.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied
in
>/web/solutionsquare/index.php on line 2

>Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'inc/start.php'
>(include_path='.') in /web/solutionsquare/index.php on line 2

>after minor apache conf tweak and reboot.
>looks like php problem to me... anybody knows what is going on?
>thanks,
>Tomas

John Temple
MacAffiliates.com