[ale] procmail whitelist

David S. Jackson deepbsd at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 18 14:19:34 EDT 2003

Hi,

I had a procmail whitelist situation a while back but have since lost
the procmailrc for it.  Current versions of procmail seem to have
omitted it from the procmailex page (or I have read right over the
example).

Anyway, I'm looking for a way to search a file of email addresses
(with regex) and putting any matching emails into a "inbox/friends"
folder.

Current manpage shows something like:

FRIENDS=`cat $HOME/procmail/friends.txt`
:0:
* $^From.*${FRIENDS}
$HOME/inbox/personal

This works if friends.txt has a single email address in it.  (The
manpage talks about an "urgent" example.)

I seem to recall my old method involved using formail -X "From" and
then comparing that to regexes in the ~/procmail/friends.txt folder.
Can any of you read my subconscious and figure out what I'm looking
for?  :-)

TIA!

--
David S. Jackson                                www.dsj.net