[ale] Bind newbie question

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Thu Sep 18 09:31:10 EDT 2003

Doesn't this:

[/home/jwells]-) dig ns.devsea.com

; <<>> DiG 9.2.1 <<>> ns.devsea.com
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;ns.devsea.com.                 IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
ns.devsea.com.          3600    IN      A       66.23.197.142

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
devsea.com.             3600    IN      NS      PARK9.SECURESERVER.NET.
devsea.com.             3600    IN      NS      PARK10.SECURESERVER.NET.

;; Query time: 90 msec
;; SERVER: 63.239.86.1#53(63.239.86.1)
;; WHEN: Thu Sep 18 09:30:08 2003
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 104

imply that the changes have already propogated?  It's resolving, and I can
ping it.  It's obviously in their name server.  I set it up as an A
record.  What else do I need?

Thanks for your continued help!

John