[ale] WAY OT: Cancer Pic?

da Black Baron dbaron13 at atl.bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 17 18:58:10 EDT 2003

Only thing is the headshrinkers say that trying to scare someone into
doing something doesn't work...  In fact, it may actually encourage the
behavior- especially among risk-taking personalities (i.e. people prone
to skydiving, rock-climbing, roller-coasters, et al).

Rather than trying to scare 'em, explain how it makes their teeth
yellow, their fingers yellow, their breath bad, and their clothes
stink.  Explain the costliness of the habit, and the utter boredom of it
all...

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 17:37, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> Never used it, that was perfect though and found the ones I was looking
> for.  Made his eyes pop wide open when he saw the bad lung next to the
> good one.
>
> Thus spake Jim Popovitch (jimpop at yahoo.com):
>
> > Hi Robert,
> >
> > Did you try Google Images?
> >
> > http://images.google.com/images?q=cancer
> > http://images.google.com/images?q=lung+cancer
> >
> > -Jim P.
> >

> > On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 17:16, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> > > Ugh, the otherday I found a box of QTips in my kids room (6yr old).
> > > Thinking it was odd tht all the fluffy parts were missing I asked him
> > > what they were for.  "To play like we're smoking"... Needless to say I'm
> > > a bit peeved at this and trying to figure out where the idea came from
> > > and explain exactly how bad it is.
> > >
> > > At any rate a number of years back I saw a pic of a good lung and a bad
> > > lung (cancerous, black) in a hardbound book.  Does anyone know of
> > > anything similar around the net?  I'm poking google and American Cancer
> > > Society, American Lung Assn, etc but there's alot of info and mostly
> > > just plain drawings which don't show much.  I've explained to him the
> > > dangers, etc and want to make the point.  I lost my grandmother to lung
> > > cancer, expect my mother to announce it soon and my wife's mother lost a
> > > lung last year so I'm taking this seriously early.
> > >
> > > Robert
> > >
> > > :wq!
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > Robert L. Harris                     | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
> > >                                          @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
> > > DISCLAIMER:
> > >       These are MY OPINIONS ALONE.  I speak for no-one else.
> > >
> > > Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
> > >   Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
> > >     Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.

> :wq!
> Robert L. Harris                     | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
>                                          @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
> DISCLAIMER:
>
> Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
>   Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
>     Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.

(,,oBo,,)         |           Wylde  Bill
http://lyst.org   |    wyldechylde at geocities.com

"Here's my family tree.  As far as I can tell, my
relatives were carnival folk who were touring this place called
Hiroshima in the summer of 1945.  Because they lost most of their hair,
they mostly married each other.  And here I am." --The Oblongs

          Disempowering government means empowering people.
        http://flag.blackened.net/daver/anarchism/nlm/nlm.html