[ale] WAY OT: Cancer Pic?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Wed Sep 17 17:16:50 EDT 2003

Ugh, the otherday I found a box of QTips in my kids room (6yr old).
Thinking it was odd tht all the fluffy parts were missing I asked him
what they were for.  "To play like we're smoking"... Needless to say I'm
a bit peeved at this and trying to figure out where the idea came from
and explain exactly how bad it is.

At any rate a number of years back I saw a pic of a good lung and a bad
lung (cancerous, black) in a hardbound book.  Does anyone know of
anything similar around the net?  I'm poking google and American Cancer
Society, American Lung Assn, etc but there's alot of info and mostly
just plain drawings which don't show much.  I've explained to him the
dangers, etc and want to make the point.  I lost my grandmother to lung
cancer, expect my mother to announce it soon and my wife's mother lost a
lung last year so I'm taking this seriously early.

Robert

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
  Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
    Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.