[ale] anyone use lsh?

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Wed Sep 17 13:49:24 EDT 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, J.M. Taylor wrote:

> With the latest openssh joy, I've been seeing a lot of people talk about
> lsh.  Anybody on here actually using it in production right now?  How does
> it compare to openssh as far as building / installing / stability?

I've not switched, but I play with it sometimes.

It's ssh2 only (not bad, since ssh1 is somewhat flawed, but if you're stuck
w/ ssh1 it's better than other alternatives). It also lacks Kerberos support
and a few other enhancements, but basic functionality is there.

Compiling it is a bit fun, just because it has unusual dependencies (liboop,
anyone?). I've also had some situations where I get weird protocol mismatch
errors with some clients and it. Of course, I also get those between some
OpenSSH versions, or between some OpenSSH and ssh.com, so that's nothing
new....

later,
chris