[ale] Free Unix/Linux Classes

griffisb at bellsouth.net griffisb at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 16 08:17:05 EDT 2003

> From: "Chris Coleman" <chriscoleman at mail.clayton.edu>
> Date: 2003/09/15 Mon PM 04:05:37 EDT
> To: "Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts" <ale at ale.org>
> Subject: RE: [ale] Free Unix/Linux Classes
>
> Most schools have certificates that the Hope Grant will pay for and will lead into an Associates Degree. You are better off contacting the financial aid office at one of the schools to get the details. We have students that come and earn several certificate courses and have Hope pay for it. Some of our students are traditional (out of high school and on the Hope Scholarship) while others all adults that have a degree and want to change careers or get more formal training.
>

> Chris Coleman
> Clayton College and State University

Chris - you stated above that adults with degrees can qualify for the Hope grant. Sounds cool! Is the grant based on your income, or is it open for anyone pursuing technical studies? I have a BS/CIS but would like to either take more Cisco training (have CCNA/CCDA - want CCNP/CCDP)or possibly security training. Self-study is getting kind of stale.