[ale] SSH Vulnerability?

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Mon Sep 15 23:50:01 EDT 2003

On Monday 15 September 2003 22:57, Dow Hurst wrote:
> Well, let's hope it is limited and that everyone gets prepared.  Having
> an alternate method to get to a machine's command line would be nice.
> Would IPSec tunneling telnet be an option? Dow

Running SSH on a 1918 address behind a VPN device has been mentioned as a
workaround, but I think it's too early to take that sort of step. That
requires a little too much work to protect against what is really just a
rumor at this point. Running on a non standard port is probably the most
reasonable step to take at this point. I am a big advocate of doing that
anyway.

--
Jonathan Rickman
Key ID: 0DF501FF