[ale] Linux replacements for some M$-based junk

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Sep 15 17:15:01 EDT 2003

If all they need is accounting to keep track of who has paid, who they
need to pay, and how much cash is around, sql-ledger will do the job.

Most of the "custom" accounting packages I've seen (lately, that has
been a lot) all do the same thing, track cash flow, billings and bills.
They "custom" part is they have the items to sell already entered in for
the business. Sql-ledger is simple enough that a non-techie can add the
items sold with out breaking anything. Spend the support $$ and buy the
manual. It's less than the cost of upgrading Quickbooks and better
written.