{Spam?} [ale] (reasonably) mature GUI solutions in Linux

da Black Baron dbaron13 at atl.bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 15 01:07:21 EDT 2003

He might also be interested in tcl/tk... Visual TCL is a very good IDE
which can be used with it (on sourceforge)... Also, KDE comes with a IDE
(never used it for anything), which I suppose is for C or C+...

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 00:33, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> The easiest jump may be python with tkinter or wxpython for gui stuff.
> The nice thing about both toolkits is they are very complete. wxpythons
> is much larger and about 300 bazzillion more things that it can do. It
> is also a big of a challenge (or was 4 years ago) to get setup.
>
> Python has a builtin GUI IDE that will be appreciated by a VB
> user(/usee). Plus python does about anything.
>
> On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 00:06, John Wells wrote:
> > My uncle has programmed with Clipper and VB for quite some time now and is
> > really interesting in shifting gears and moving some of his clients to an
> > open solution.
> >
> > Are there any tools out there for the average programmer that make it
> > fairly easy (intuitive?!) to create a GUI?  My first thought was Java, but
> > I'm not sure ...
> >
> > Thanks!
> > John

(,,oBo,,)         |           Wylde  Bill
http://lyst.org   |    wyldechylde at geocities.com

"Here's my family tree.  As far as I can tell, my
relatives were carnival folk who were touring this place called
Hiroshima in the summer of 1945.  Because they lost most of their hair,
they mostly married each other.  And here I am." --The Oblongs

          Disempowering government means empowering people.
        http://flag.blackened.net/daver/anarchism/nlm/nlm.html