[ale] Exchange calendar replacement

Steve Tynor tynor at iintiip.com
Sat Sep 13 14:38:16 EDT 2003

Jim Philips wrote:

| Steve Tynor wrote:
| > Anyone have opinions about Outlook/Calendar alternatives?   Any other
| > words of wisdom of things to watch out for in such a transition?
| We just had this question about a week ago. The open source alternitives
| are:
|
| http://www.opengroupware.org
|
| http://kolab.kde.org
|
| I know that Kolab can work with Exchange clients and I believe
| OpenGroupware does as well. MAPI integration is another question,
| though. I don't know what might replace that.

Mmmm.  I gathered from that discussion, however, that both of these were
still "beta"ish quality, and "large and difficult" to
configure/install. I'm looking for something lightweight and easy to
manage (the sendmail/POP/IMAP part I know how to deal with - I don't
need a fancy integrated into one piece Exchange replacement -- was
hoping to just do it the Unix way with one piece for each purpose.

I'll review that discussion however. Perhaps I missed something that
would justify the risk/pain.

Steve