[ale] Slack 9.1 in Beta

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Sat Sep 13 10:43:53 EDT 2003

On Saturday 13 September 2003 05:47, Christopher R. Curzio wrote:
> Just like the Slashdot editor who screwed up when trying to call a
> Slackware release a beta (after their screwup for trying to announce
> its release before it was released:
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/01/13/0121258), you should
> realize that this is not a beta. It's the -current tree, which is
> pretty much always going to be unstable and/or partial because it's the
> development branch.
>
> Just wait. 9.1 should be released this month.

I'm quite familiar with the Slackware release cycle. Been a user for
nearly 9 years and have been running builds from the current tree for as
long as it has been available. I was referring to the comment in the
changelog, which indicates that they are getting very close.

>From http://www.slackware.com/changelog/current.php?cpu=i386

"Fri Sep 12 00:47:02 PDT 2003
Here comes Slackware 9.1 beta-1! (things are looking good, so expect
a very short beta cycle. :-) ZipSlack still to come."

Just like the Slashdot readers, you didn't bother to read the article.

--
Jonathan Rickman
Key ID: 0DF501FF