[ale] Security and Development Positions at CipherTrust

Hal Copeland hal.copeland at ciphertrust.com
Fri Sep 12 21:21:11 EDT 2003

Hello All,

Due to the incredible success that we have seen over the past 6 months,
CipherTrust is again expanding  it's security and development group.  Give
your career a jump start by joining one of the fastest growing companies in
the Southeastern US.   We have a team of some of the finest technology
professionals in Atlanta.

As an information security company, we are a leader in the hottest area of
information technology.  We are seeking junior to senior level developers
with expert level knowledge of Unix system level programming.  Knowledge of
TCP/IP, Socket based, multi-threaded programming is essential for all
positions available.  **Please, Strong Unix Experience Only ** Windows
Development is not relevant.   Please send your resume to
hal.Copeland at ciphertrust.com <mailto:hal.Copeland at ciphertrust.com> .  I
regret that I can't respond to each and every email, but will try to get
back to qualified people as quickly as possible.  I don't want to be rude,
but I can get flooded with emails sometimes.

Below is a description the various project/positions that are available.
They all require strong Unix system level programming.

*****FirstAct Initiative
Perfect position for someone fascinated with security and hacking response.
Primarily security operations and threat response.  The primary
responsibilities will be to focus on email security, conduct research and
respond to developing threats.  Act as a liaison with our virus vendors,
provide advisories to customers and provide pro-active threat management
services to our fortune 1000 customers as well as developing threat response
systems.

Requires: Fascination with information security. Knowledge of hacking,
viruses and other threats are a huge bonus.  Unix programming a must, System
Administration type skills are valuable.

*****Research / Product Management
Research relevant technologies and products and work with product management
and development to integrate them into our product plan.

Requires:  Unix programming background, strong organizational and
communication skills, security knowledge.   Research and/or product
management background is a plus.

*****CMC
Senior developer for CipherTrust's Central Management Console.  The CMC
allows users to remotely monitor and manage geographically dispersed
IronMail Appliances via a VPN.  It is responsible for data aggregation and
reporting of the entire enterprises email activity. This product is
developed mainly in Python and Java, but we value your strong C/C++
experience.

Skills Required:  OOD (C/C++), willingness to learn Python, Java,
Relational/distributed Database experience (MySQL, PostGreSQL, etc)

*****Iron Web Mail  - Sr. Developer
IWM furnishes application level protection for HTTP.  This intrusion
prevention application is developed as a module for Apache and acts as a
proxy to protect common webmail systems such as Outlook Web Access (OWA) and
iNotes.  Use your knowledge of vulnerability tools such as Snort and Nessus.

Skills Required: Apache Modules, Snort, C/C++

*****Secure Delivery - Jr/Mid Developer
Our secure delivery product uses the latest in encryption technology to
protect private and confidential email communications.

Skills Required: OOD, Python (or willing to learn), PGP, S/MIME, SSL .
Strong security knowledge/awareness desired.

*****Queue Framework Lead Developer
The QFW touches many technologies and is at the center of our core product.
You'll deal with high performance network programming, message queuing, File
I/O, thread and resource pooling and IPC.

Skills Required:  C/C++, Python (willing to learn)

*****Anti-Spam Developer
Use bleeding edge anti-spam techniques to stop the global scourge!  You will
utilize advanced filtering techniques, Heuristics, Bayesian analysis and
other methods to develop and enhance our key anti-spam technology.

Skills Required: C/C++, Python (willing to learn), Perl, strong math skills

*****Build Management / Security
Unix operating system hardening, vulnerability response, build management,
security.

Skills Required:  Strong OS knowledge (Unix, Linux, BSD), security, 'C' and
scripting