[ale] 100 vs 10 Mbit problem

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Sep 12 20:15:51 EDT 2003

There isn't a good solution to this unless there is a problem with the
10Mbit card or port or cable. Maybe someone who knows more of the
transport layer can answer if the 100Mbit device gets told it it talking
to a 10Mbit device so it can slow down accordingly.

If there is a way to change switch ports for the 10Mbit wire, do so.
Many of the low cost 10/100 switches are really underpowered for any
intense store and forward situation. I am guessing that the receiving
end can't be upgraded to use 100Mbit hardware?

http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>