[ale] Social FUD: was -> politics, KDE

Ronald Chmara ron at Opus1.COM
Thu Sep 11 00:48:30 EDT 2003

Ya know, if political ignorance, and technical ignorance, were treated
in the *same* way on this list, it might be a different list.

We can joke about distro wars, and yet, folks seem genuinely angry
about US vs uruk, Democrats vs. Republicans, etc.

(I had to stop myself earlier, when I, as a registered libertarian who
often votes for greens, sought to remind folks that there are not only
*two* ways of thinking...)

We all know what FUD is, I hope. Maybe when the list strays, we can
stop sloganizing our vendors, distros, nations, ideologies... and
express ourselves through useful work to others.

I work a bit with PHP, which, as you may or may not know, has *massive*
braintrust in israel. We all ignore the politics, as the work is
greater than bombings, governments-of-the-day, or social campaigning.
PHP has made a larger impact, I think, than jingoism, under any of the
flags of the 21st century.

Just a thought.

-Bop
Ronald Chmara
Ronin Professional Consulting LLC
678-530-9542
"The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting
than the question of whether a submarine can swim." ---Dijkstra