[ale] PCMCIA Setup, Compaq Presario 2110us

Daniel Auchenpaugh daniel_lists at mentalpikture.net
Wed Sep 10 17:14:35 EDT 2003

Howdy folks,
Finally got myself a laptop so I could run linux, and now I'm having
PCMCIA problems. I'm trying to run Mandrake 9.1 on a Compaq Presario
2110us and when PCMCIA tries to start up, the system hangs.

Currently I've tried the advice listed on the following websites:
http://lisonbee.freeshell.org/linux/laptop/presario_2100.html
http://www.northmill.org/laptop/

Nothing seemed to work. Currently I've reinstalled Mandrake 9.1, hoping
a fresh install might help things.
I'm pretty sure the problem has to do with /etc/pcmcia/config.opts
memory and irq settings, since all the fixes I've tried deal with them.
(I'm a quick one, aren't I?)

I tried getting help in a variety of linux IRC channels, but to no
avail.

Sorry to pester with newbie questions...

-Daniel Auchenpaugh
--student, SPSU
--barista, starbucks #8469
--4046108951