[ale] Remote connections - VNC?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Sep 10 17:46:38 EDT 2003

Set up an ssh access point to the internal LAN. I often ssh into the
firewall (use ssh -c for compression) then vncviewer ( with compression)
to the inside box I am helping on.

I have also setup a training site that allows multiple vnc connections
using the java applet. By pointing people to the site with a weblink,
they can get in with just a browser to see the live training demo. I use
a firewall rule that redirects the address:port on the external to the
address:port on the internal box that is hosting the session.