[ale] KDE/Gnome show of hands?

Kevin Karst kevinkarst at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 13:11:53 EDT 2003

> How do I integrate fluxbox into my graphical login?
> I want to choose
> fluxbox over gnome.

  check out your /etc/inittab

follow that to the script which is called for
run-level 5.  You might also see that the default
run-level is 5 for a lot of distributions now-a-days
.. X-GUI.

 Keep following in this fashion and you can see what
is called to start up X and how a window manager is
chosen.

 In /etc/X11/xinit/ there might be a file called
xinitrc which is a symlink ..

  Each distribution has an opportunity to create
additional abstraction layers.  May the Source be with
you.