[ale] SCO vs. IBM: my article

Andrew Newton anewton at ecotroph.net
Tue Sep 2 07:07:43 EDT 2003

Very well written.

To further your point about this same thing happening with MS, you might
want to point to the case where it did happen.  In the early 90's,
Microsoft misappropriated some file system compression code and sold it
with their MS DOS product.  The company owning the code only sued MS,
but they certainly had the right to go after 80+ million PC owners.  MS
settled for big $$$$.

-andy