[ale] OT: unemployed list

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Wed Oct 29 09:08:44 EST 2003

A long time ago, (29.10.03), in a galaxy far, far away, Fulton Green wrote:

:=I vote for "ale-career".  That way, people could send re'sume's (with
:=contact info censored if necessary) through that channel as well.

I'd prefer the list be purely for job postings and not for resume posting.
I will wager good money that the number of "subscribers wanting to be
employed" outnumbers the "subscribers wanting to employ someone".  Thus,
messages asking for employees will be relevant to many more people than
messages asking for employers.

I could see it becoming a forum where job seeking advice is shared amongst
the folks ("So you want to try consulting, eh?", "These things helped my
resume", "There seems to be a coming trend of people needed with skill X",
etc).  This would be truer to the name of 'ale-career'.  But just having it
as a resume posting board seems like more noise, less signal.

YMMV.

--
Dylan Northrup <*> docx at io.com <*> http://www.io.com/~docx/
"Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's