[ale] Gotta love Squirrelmail!

griffisb at bellsouth.net griffisb at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 28 17:42:32 EST 2003

Got the e-mail server running using sendmail/ipopd. Works finr with Outlook Express, KMail and Ximian Evolution clients. I wanted to see if there was a simple web interface and popped a Q on the debian-user lists. The answer came back: squirrelmail.

If any of you need a web interface to your mail server, Squirrelmail was very simple to get up and running. Literally just a few minutes on a Debian Stable box.

I'm seriously thinking about kidnapping a better box to run this on. I like it -but am limited by running it on an old clunker machine (16 Meg RAM, 100 Mhz processor, 1 Gig harddrive).

I set up accounts for everyone in the family, and it seems to be working fine.