[ale] Oracle on Suse 8.2

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Sun Oct 26 12:17:26 EST 2003

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 09:05:18AM -0500, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> I am still not impressed with java as a form of anything other than
> system resource hog with graphics.

Java is much more friendly to the developer than the end user.  I agree
that client-side java is little more than a resource hog.  Where java
really shines is on the server, where the end user will most likely be
unaware that java is being used.  Without the GUI java code can be lean
and even fast.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9