[ale] vi (vim) question

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Tue Oct 21 10:30:42 EDT 2003

A long time ago, (21.10.03), in a galaxy far, far away, Christopher Fowler...:

:=On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 09:20:05AM -0400, Jeff Layton wrote:
:=> Good morning!
:=>
:=>   I'm working on a remote machine that has RH 7.3 installed
:=> on it. When I fire up vi (it's vim), everything is color-coded.
:=> How do I turn that off?
:=
:=Usulay vi will not color code.  vim will.
:=
:=Try the command \vi

Or, if someone had the brilliant idea of doing a softlink from vi to vim
because they liked it so much. . . inside vim you can do the following to
turn off syntax highlighting:

:set syntax=

That should work.

--
Dylan Northrup <*> docx at io.com <*> http://www.io.com/~docx/
"Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's