[ale] OT Question for COmcast users

Jim Lynch jwl at sgi.com
Tue Oct 21 08:54:19 EDT 2003

Jim Lynch wrote:

You all got me hot and bothered about speed factory, until I called
them.  They want $60/mo for a static IP and an ethernet connection.
Their $50 option is only a usb device and a dhcp served ip address.  I
don't much care about the dynamic IP, but I can't live with a usb modem.
  They said they would furnish an ethernet modem, but I'd have to pay
$150 for it.

BS did offer to give me a new modem free if I signed up for a year.
Since I don't see me without a high speed connection any time soon, I
guess that'll be the cheapest route, albeit not necessarily the best one.

Bryon, thanks, but the Allcatel is what bit the dust.  I've learned
since that lots of people have had problems with them.  I'll pass.

Thanks for all the information.

JIm.