[ale] [OT] monitor repair?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Oct 20 12:27:30 EDT 2003

Christopher Bergeron wrote:
> Ok, so my faithful 21" CRT monitor bit the dust a couple of weeks ago.
> It was during a "brownout" and now when I turn it on I can hear the
> relays inside click like 2 times and I don't get a display.  Soooo...
>
> After drooling over the new 21" Apple LCD up at CompUSA, I'm forced to
> decide if I should have my 21" repaired or if I should just cut my
> losses and get the Apple LCD.
>
> Does anyone know of any places that repair monitors?  If so, does anyone
> know what kind of price I'll be looking at?  The monitor was about $900
> new.  It's a ViewSonic G-810 21" CRT.  If its prohibitively expensive to
> have repaired, I'll be forced to pick up that sweeeet apple 21" LCD.
>
> Thanks in advance for any tips / leads / pointers ...

I have used multiuser solutions (770-638-6999) a couple of times.  They
charged me $100 to repair my old 20G viewsonic.  It gave it about
another 5 years of life.  Had them look at another large monitor that
was damaged in shipping.  Couldn't repair it, so it cost me $50. That
was the cost of them disposing of it.  They were quite reasonable.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net