[ale] DTP for Linux

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Oct 20 09:13:29 EDT 2003

Last week there was a question about DTP for Linux (Sorry, I deleted the
original request).  Many people suggested Scribus, which does sound good, but
I wanted to add the suggestion of Kword, the Koffice word processor.

I worked my way through the Kword tutorial this weekend.  It makes the point
repeatedly that Kword is much more than a word processor, it is acually a
full layout program suitable for publishing.  By this I mean you can, say,
start two columns on the first page and have one continue on the second page
and the other continue on the third.

Not being a DTP user I can't speak to the completeness of Kword, but it should
be considered as an option.  And since Koffice 1.3 is almost out, it should
be new and improved very soon.

Michael