[ale] OT Question for COmcast users

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sun Oct 19 17:39:18 EDT 2003

That's because BS dropped a DSLAM at the entrance to your subdivision.
Look for a large box on a concrete slab about 1.5' x 4-6' wide x 3-6'
tall. It will be light colored and may have a round dome shape cap over
a large cylinder on the top (about 8-12" in diameter) that is the heat
vent.

Neighborhood DSLAMS are NOT accessible by other providers like
Speedfactory and Earthlink. That hardware is not covered by the "must
allow competition" clauses that force BS to play with Earthlink in other
locations.

http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>