[ale] sphinx voice recognition

Bjorn Dittmer-Roche dittmeb at mail.rockefeller.edu
Sun Oct 19 09:30:19 EDT 2003

Has anyone used sphinx for normal dictation. As far as I can tell, you can
only use it with a very limited set of commands derived from turtle
graphics ("Go Left ten", "Rotate one hundred and four degrees" etc) and
even then it is not very accurate (although my sound setting smay not be
correct). I understand I need a more complete "language model" or
"dictionary" or something, but I don't know where I can find that. Perhaps
Sphinx in not for such general purpose use? Any help/advice would be
great.

thanks,

	bjorn