[ale] Open Office

Bjorn Dittmer-Roche dittmeb at mail.rockefeller.edu
Thu Oct 16 12:04:55 EDT 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Dow Hurst wrote:

> That directory is the place where all the user specific files and
> configurations are set.  You'll need to reinstall OO as her user ID to
> get the directory back.  The default language must be German unless you

I did that, but it's still german, which is wierd because mine is english.
there is some database stuff in /opt but I can't figure it out.

> have a local config for another language.  Interesting twist!  Not an
> American centric piece of software.

Open Office is based on Star Office from Sum Microsystems so I think it is
English centric. Knoppix, otoh, is german, so that may have something to
do with it. But I've gone through all the gui configs and even
dpkg-reconfigure locales.

Meine Gute!

	bjorn