[ale] beeping sendmail.cf [was: beeping procmail]

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Tue Oct 14 21:40:20 EDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 08:06:16PM -0400, David S. Jackson wrote:
> That sounds good; I just wanted the beeps to go away.  :-)  Turns out
> I set beep=no in muttrc, but I am still hearing beeps, so at least
> some beeps are coming from somewhere else.  Ah well.  Back to looking
> for the cause of the irritating beeps during mail fetch...

My firewall box used to beep whenever I used TAB-completion.  Drove me
crazy.  I read man pages, put arcane stuff in .inputrc files, even more
arcane stuff in terminfo files, but it seemed like there was always a
situation that would make it beep.

So I cut the speaker wires.

Chances are, you've got a sound card and speakers anyway, and the only
purpose the builtin speaker serves is to annoy you.  Might be something
to consider.

Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9