[ale] beeping sendmail.cf [was: beeping procmail]

Alan Bowman aminus at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 14 20:26:14 EDT 2003

>That sounds good; I just wanted the beeps to go away.  :-)  Turns out
>I set beep=no in muttrc, but I am still hearing beeps, so at least
>some beeps are coming from somewhere else.  Ah well.  Back to looking
>for the cause of the irritating beeps during mail fetch...

  I run Slack 9, with a default sendmail install. I get a very low,
almost inaudible beep when mail downloads. If I'm downloading a lot of
mail, I get maybe one beep.  What WindowManager are you running? Is it
possible that the WindowManager is set to beep at certian events?

...alan

--
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out,
which is the exact opposite."

                -- Bertrand Russell, "Skeptical_Essays", 1928