[ale] mandrake reiser fs crash

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 14 18:03:49 EDT 2003

John,

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 16:54, Armsby John-G16665 wrote:
> My question is this, how does one "fix" a reiserfs?  It seems Linux wants to

> apply the ext2 fsck bandaid which really hoses things.  The good news is I

> have a partition Magic Image which I used to restore.  I have a working boot

> disk.  How do I fix the file system?

	Actually, "fsck" is just a shell.  It attempts to deduce the type of fs
you're asking it to check (apparently unsucessfully in your case), and
execs the "real" fsck.  This is usually named "fsck.<fstype>", e.g.
"fsck.reiser" (perhaps, or some variation thereof) in your case, or
"fsck.xfs" in mine.

	The same applies for mkfs and friends.

	HTH!

Danny