[ale] [OT] Bochs

Joe Knapka jknapka at kneuro.net
Tue Oct 14 01:52:15 EDT 2003

Hi folks,

Anyone played with Bochs <URL: http://bochs.sf.net> much? The
docs are a little thin. I've managed to install

(1) Slack 8.1 under Bochs on a WinXP machine, which works fine.

(2) Windows NT 4 under Bochs on a SuSE 8 machine, which works
great except for some really weird behavior wrt Windows
Update (possibly due to the ancient IE2.0).

What I'd really like to do is get Win98 running under
Bochs under SuSE, but that's not so easy. Bochs
dies when the Win98 install tries to detect plug-and-pray
devices (of which there are none). If anyone's
got Win98 running under Bochs, I'd appreciate a
hint or a pointer to relevant docs.

Thanks,

-- Joe Knapka